Once again: TextMate, rdoc and rvm

It seems to me that I did something yesterday that disrupted my ctrl-h function on TextMate once again. I tried several things to reestablish the correct behaviour but I had no luck.

But I learned much about TextMate and rvm/ruby.

First of all I upgraded all my bundles of TextMate. I moved the directory/Library/Application Support/TextMate/Bundles to Bundles.old and got the whole directory from subversion:

svn co http://svn.textmate.org/trunk/Bundles

Then I saw that there is no more a Ruby-Bundle. So I installed it in my user’s directory

~/Library/Application Support/TextMate/Bundles/

from github.

I even cloned the repository to fix a bug. My repro is here http://github.com/JerryWho/ruby-tmbundle

The next lesson I learned is that ctrl-h runs Support/bin/linked_ri.rb which itself runs ri. But not the version I told textmate to use. It used the default rvm-ruby-ri version. So I set the TextMate environment variable TM_RUBY_RI to ~/.rvm/bin/textmate_ri

Now the correct version of ri is run.

The cause for the main problem is that ri doesn’t support the parameter plain to the option -f anymore. So I changed it html and removed the escaping of any tags (see commit)

Schreibe einen Kommentar

Deine E-Mail-Adresse wird nicht veröffentlicht. Erforderliche Felder sind markiert *